Count Broccula's veg-head ramblings

My home experiments with vegetarian cooking. Focused on seasonal produce with some vegan stuff thrown in for good measure. I may include random other food-related stuff as I please.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Oh my god, I can't let it go a year

Wow, I looked at this blog today to find my uncle's chocolate chip cookie recipe (I put all my recipes in storage), and noticed it's been almost a year since I blogged here!

So, partly it's because the school year was really busy. I found myself working later in the evenings, which meant a LOT of stir-fries, salads, and pastas, because I had to get dinner on the table in half an hour or so. Then after dinner I was trying to get to the gym or ballet, so not much time to blog. But also, not much of interest to blog about. Okay, so what about summer, you say? Well, I've been pretty busy again, because we just bought a new house and are trying to sell this one. So after a day of painting, edging, fixing, buying, cleaning, packing... again, it's bag-o-salad time.

Of interest lately is probably the stuffed jalapenos I made for a barbecue. They're really easy -- just slice them in half lengthwise, stuff them with cream cheese (I used light), grill them for 6-8 minutes, then drizzle with honey. The end. They were GREAT and were devoured by my guests.

I also made Chai tea ice cream. I basically used the Ben and Jerry's base recipe, but heated the milk slightly and steeped about 6 Tbs of loose chai tea in it. I steeped it a little too long, and the flavor was very strong, but it wasn't bad. And when I made a milkshake out of it, it was heavenly.

I will try to post on here once in a while. I do love cooking, and there are times in the last year that I've thought I should delete this blog, but haven't been able to bring myself to do so. I like it too much, so I'm NOT giving up. And that's probably good news for my sweetie, since he'll likely be treated to some creative meals again. =)

See you soon, I hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Piggs said...

Yay! Broccula is back! I love recipes!!! Your mole burrito things were good, that was only a few weeks ago.

July 22, 2006 at 5:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Count Mockula said...

I can't believe you found this post so fast. Yeah, I should make those enchiladas again and post the recipe.

July 23, 2006 at 1:13:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home