Count Broccula's veg-head ramblings

My home experiments with vegetarian cooking. Focused on seasonal produce with some vegan stuff thrown in for good measure. I may include random other food-related stuff as I please.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Broccoli Romanesco

Okay, I finally tried it. Just for your information, it looks rather like a head of broccoli, but paler in color, with sort of pointy floret clusters. It's actually kind of cute. I was informed that it tastes more like cauliflower, which is true. I steamed it in the microwave (cue sweetie's disgusted look) for 3 minutes and dressed it with Soy Vay Chinese Marinade and chili-garlic sauce. It was quite tasty, and the low calories mean I can have Ben and Jerry's Phish Food fro-yo tonight. MMMMMM.

1 Comments:

Blogger Piggs said...

Radioactive broccoli...

February 16, 2005 at 8:23:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home