Count Broccula's veg-head ramblings

My home experiments with vegetarian cooking. Focused on seasonal produce with some vegan stuff thrown in for good measure. I may include random other food-related stuff as I please.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Rutabega fries

This is another Jack Bishop recipe. I peeled the rutabega and cut it into wedges, in 16ths basically. Then I put the wedges into a baking pan, heated the oven to 425, threw the pan in, and cooked it for 25 minutes, as per the recipe. This might have been a little too long, especially for the wedges that came out thinner. Then I flipped them all over with tongs (strangely difficult, actually) and cooked them for another 20 minutes (again, just a little too long, as many of the edges got real crispy). I ate them with ketchup, because sweetie was all snacked out. They were okay, and I will probably use my remaining rutabega in the same manner (with shorter cooking times), but I'm not going to become a rutabega addict or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home